Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yesterday was an EXHAUSTING day, but my favorite day on the trip so far. We did wake up at 5 30, and a group of twelve of us hiked Table Mountain. Let me be quite blunt. I threw up my entire breakfast within ten minutes of the hike. The trail we hiked was STRAIGHT uphill, and I can honestly say it was the most strenuous activity I have ever done. I wanted to turn back so bad, but after taking many breaks, I made it to the top!! I was so proud of myself, and the view was incredible. We got to see the sun rise and the mountain overlooks the entire city. Pictures don't do justice. My legs are really feeling it this morning, but the experience pushed me. I am so glad I did it. That afternoon, even though we were really tired, we went horseback riding and got to the sunset. My horse's name was Echo. We rode along the beach, and again, the view from the ocean was awesome. I got great pictures of the sunset. Seeing the sun rise and getting to watch the sun set. The adventures I am getting to do on this trip keep reminding me of how blessed our group truly is and of how beautiful and unique God made this world. To add to the adventures, were waking up at 5 30 again tomorrow to shark cage dive with Vince Dooley! Supposedly the sharks' noses come practically into the cage and it is such an adrenaline rush...

I forgot to add this but before I sign off: Barbara Dooley spoke this morning about overcoming obstacles. She had breast cancer and also talked about the challenges of having a football coach for a husband. Her sense of humor and young spirit make me admire her so much. She's an one-of-a-kind lady with charisma and class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment