Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kirstenbosch

We spent the afternoon at Kirstenbosch, the prettiest botanical gardens in Africa. It hosts 9,000 species, and I felt like we were in Japan. The garden gave a close-up, full-range view of Table Mountain. Absolutely breathtaking! After touring around the garden, I fell asleep on a bench underneath a huge tree. The weather was the best it has been since we've gotten here. It was about 75 degrees and no cloud in the sky! Before leaving Kirstenbosch, we ate at The Silver Tree Restaurant, and I had the best meal I've had since being here. It was real juicy chicken with blue cheese, avocado, and roasted peppers. Mmm, it was delicious. Tomorrow we are getting up at 5:30 (yes, I am getting up that early), and we are hiking Table Mountain. Were hiking the Skeleton Gorge route. It's a much shorter route, but that means it is a lot harder. Wish me luck! But once we get on top, we'll see the sun rise, and  I know that will be totally worth it. We're going to eat breakfast on the top, and take a cable car down in time for our meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment